Last updated: 10th March, 2018
We at Shake Bench are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. You should read this policy in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions for End-Users.
We highly value the sensitivity of the data which we collect from you or that you provide to us and, by your consent, will process it in strict accordance with our obligations at law, including the Data Protection Act (Chapter 440 of the Laws of Malta) (the "Act"). Therefore, please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting Shake Bench (the "Site") and/or by using the various services provided through the online platform that we operate on the Site (the "Services"), be it as a retailer or an end-user, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is THAT Solution Limited of Block C2 Flat 1, Triq il-Principessa Margerita, Ta' Xbiex, Malta.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information You Give Us: This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms provided on the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes the information that you provide when registering an account on our Site, subscribing to our Services, placing an order with us through our Services, participating in the social media functions and other functionalities available on our Site (including the posting of reviews and feedback), and when reporting a problem with our Site and/or our Services. The information you give us may include your name, address (billing and delivery), e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information.
In this regard, kindly note that it is not obligatory to register an account with us, and you may freely opt to visit the Site anonymously.
Information we collect about you: With respect to each of your visits to the Site, we may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources: This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites which we operate or the other services that we provide. Moreover, in order to be able to provide the Services, we are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contracted payment agencies and gateways, logistics couriers, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Generally, these third-party service providers engaged to assist us with providing the Services, including our sub-contracted payment gateways and other payment transactions processors, have their own privacy policies in relation to the information gathered with respect to your purchase-related transactions, and subscription to our Services. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal data will be handled by these providers.
"Cookies" are small text files that are sent by websites so that the website in question can remember who you are. Without cookies, websites and their servers have no memory. A cookie, like a key, enables the website to remember users that have already visited. Without a cookie, every time you open a new web page the server where that page is stored will treat you like a completely new visitor.
Each website can send its own cookie to your browser where it is stored in a cookie folder on your computer's hard disk. With cookies, every time you visit a web page the web page looks for its own cookies and reads the information that they contain. Websites can only read, and therefore use, the cookies that it sends
Cookies typically contain the name of the website that the cookie came from, the lifetime of the cookie as well as a randomly generated unique number. Websites typically use this number to ensure that you are recognised when you visit the website again, while you move from page to page within one website and that any information you have entered is remembered. There are two types of cookies: Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie folder on your hard disk until you close your browser. Persistent cookies last much longer than Session Cookies as they remain on your hard disk until their pre-set lifetime expires or until they are removed.
We also use 'web beacons' or 'action tags' in conjunction with cookies. Web beacons are typically a minute and transparent graphic image that is placed on a website or in an email. Web beacons allow the website to record the simple actions of the user opening the page that contains the web beacon.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM COOKIES?
- The date and duration of your visit to the Site;
- The web pages which you viewed during your visit;
- Your IP Address;
- The type and version of the browser which you used; and
- Your computer's operating system.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us: We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any agreement entered into between you and us in connection to the Services, and to provide you with the information and products that you may have requested from us;
- to provide you with information about other services that we offer outside of those made available via our online platform;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about other goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous enquiry made by you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org informing us accordingly;
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you: We will use this information:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources: We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (including any credit cards details that you provide us with) will not be stored on our servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to any one of the Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, third party retailers, suppliers, logistics couriers, sub-contracted payment agencies and gateways for the performance of any agreement we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at hello@ShakeBench.com.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS, RECTIFICATION AND OTHER RIGHTS
The Act gives to you the right to access the information held about you, the right to request rectification and, where applicable, erasure of such information, or otherwise oppose its processing by you on legitimate grounds at any time. Your right of access can be exercised without expense, in accordance with Article 21 and 22 of the Act.